Current region > Poland
Network Rail Western Area
Client : Network Rail
Value : €1.5m
Buildings & Civil Package
Sisk Rail have been awarded a contract to renew/refurbish a suite of seven bridges within the Western area. The contract has been let as design and build, with a ‘Form A’ approval in principle already in place. Sisk Rail will undertake the detailed design Form B for acceptance by Network Rail.
The scope of works includes:
- Bradford Upon Avon — Steel Footbridge Refurb
- Keyham – New Warren Truss Footbridge
- Tyn-y-Cwm — New Warren Truss Footbridge
- Cross Keys — New Warren Truss Footbridge
- Whitchurch— New Warren Truss Footbridge
- Rylands—Concrete Repairs to Under Bridge
- Chase Road—Steel Overbridge Strengthening
The new steel bridges were developed at tender stage from Network Rail standard designs and were value engineered by Sisk Rail utilising a light weight plated warren truss design to reduce material costs.
Temporary Works solutions were developed to minimise the use of Road Rail Craneage to allow works to be mobilised outside possession times.
Sisk Rail ensured the best Commercial, Technical and Programme opportunities were taken and employed an innovative approach to minimise Project Risk and maximise Best Value.